Meet the Interns: Kellie Parisek, Poetry & Art Manager

kellieparisek_0Poetry and Art team manager, Kellie Parisek, is a senior at Arizona State University majoring in English Literature.

Superstition Review: What do you do for SR?

Kellie Parisek: I help plan tasks for the art and poetry editors and set deadlines.

SR: How did you hear about or get involved with Superstition Review?

KP: A professor told the class about it and I wrote an article for The State Press about the magazine before applying for the internship.

SR: What is your favorite section of SR? Why?

KP: I like the poetry section because I love reading new expressions of thought from so many different people who have so many different points of view.

SR: Who is your dream contributor to the journal?

KP: I think Nicole Dunlap does an amazing job.

SR: What job, other than your own, would you like to try out in the journal?

KP: I think it would be an wonderful opportunity to give editing a try.

SR: What are you most excited for in the upcoming issue?

KP: I am most excited to see the intern’s work who I am working with pay off.

SR: What was the first book you remember falling in love with and what made it so special?

KP: I remember reading the book, Star Girl as a child. I loved that book because I felt like I kind of related to the main character and it became personable to me.

SR: What are you currently reading?

KP: My text books.

SR: What are some of your favorite websites to waste time on or distract you from homework?

KP: My blog and my friend’s blogs.

SR: What would be your dream class to take at ASU? What would the title be and what would it cover?

KP: I would love to take a journalism class at ASU. I took one at another school but I would like to see how different ASU was versus my other school and what new insights I would gain from taking it at ASU.

Follow Me

Superstition Review

Superstition Review is the online literary magazine produced by creative writing and web design students at Arizona State University. The mission of our journal is to promote contemporary art and literature by providing a free, easy-to-navigate, high quality online publication that features work by established and emerging artists and authors from all over the world. We publish two issues a year with art, fiction, interviews, nonfiction and poetry.
Follow Me

Latest posts by Superstition Review (see all)

2 thoughts on “Meet the Interns: Kellie Parisek, Poetry & Art Manager

• October 31, 2009 at 5:00 am
    Permalink

Hi… I really enjoyed reading your post about interns, and found it very useful. I just came across this other site interncircle.com which I think you should definitely check out as well.

Reply
  • December 3, 2009 at 6:26 pm
    Permalink

I think this interview on Kellie Parisek is great for new interns to get an idea of how Kellie Parisek used her time during Superstition Review

Reply